Finding relief from your bunion pain can seem like a daunting task. Although surgical procedures are available to treat such conditions, there are also some at-home remedies you can use to ease discomfort caused by your bunion. Your Chesapeake, VA podiatrist, Dr. Dairman understands that your health and happiness is important and recommends several options to help you find relief today!
Chesapeake VA Podiatrists Share Tips For Relieving Bunion Pain
If you are experiencing bunion pain, your Chesapeake podiatrist at 1Foot 2Foot recommends the following:
- Exercising will slow the progression of your bunion. Stretching and exercising your toes daily can help prevent your feet from needing surgery.
- Investing in a bunion pad or custom orthotics from your Chesapeake, VA podiatrist may help in aligning your toes, distributing your weight evenly, and relief from pressure.
- Soaking your feet in warm water will aid in relieving pain from your bunions.
- Protecting your bunion with a moleskin will prevent your shoes from causing more damage or irritation.
- Using Tylenol or other anti-inflammatories to ease discomfort.
If these at-home remedies for bunion pain do not bring you relief, fee. free to discuss your concerns with Chesapeake, VA podiatrist, Dr. Dairman. Your podiatrist in Chesapeake will assist you by creating a plan of action to find you the relief you want and need. To find out more about bunion pain prevention, call to schedule your appointment today!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our podiatry office near Chesapeake, VA,would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.